New Campus Information
TVLC - PROJECT 2012
TVLC currently serves over 1300 students in a 60-year-old, overcrowded, temporary K-8 facility, and a temporary high school facility. Neither of the current school sites provides an optimal facility, and neither can house our 1100 K-8 student body or our projected enrollment number of high school students properly. Both facilities were designed for 500 maximum. A new facility is needed to give students more classroom space, increase enrollment to accommodate the waitlist, and give teachers the ability to expand their high quality education programs in a healthy, sustainable learning environment for students.
It is a testament to the strengths of programs at LVCS and LVCP that the schools have been able to overcome the limitations of their respective facilities and have emerged as leaders in education innovation and best practices.
As part of the process of ensuring that the mission of TVLC can be executed successfully, the Tri-Valley Learning Corporation Board of Directors is raising $57 million to acquire permanent facilities that will provide a secure and enhanced learning environment for its students.
To address the limitations of our schools' facilities, TVLC is acquiring permanent facilities that will provide a safe, secure and enhanced learning environment for our students. TVLC is purchasing and improving 28.32 acres that includes empty or almost-empty commercial real estate and accompanying land to build a joint-use K-12 campus for Livermore Valley Charter School and Livermore Valley Charter Prep HS.
Designed in conjunction with a team from Stanford University, the TVLC K-12 joint-use campus facilities will reflect TVLC's culture of innovation, collaboration, and dedication to sustainability and the health and wellbeing of the community.
Project 2012 will ensure that the mission of TVLC can continue to be executed successfully by:
- Creating permanence in the community
- Providing research-proven optimal learning environments for the students
- Modeling best practices in sustainability and educational technology
- Providing facilities that support education in health, wellness, and fitness; environmental stewardship, and energy and water conservation
- Providing collaborative spaces
Here is a brief synopsis of Tri-Valley Learning Corporation and Project 2012:
- Center for Innovation in Education Laboratory
- Sustainability throughout the curriculum and campus
- Emphasis on health and wellness via TVLC's choice of building materials, ergonomic furnishings, nutrition programs, and incorporation of a Wellness and Fitness Center
- Continued success of our current programs: Highest Performing K-8 in Livermore, 600+ student waitlist, Project based learning, 1:1 laptop program
The Center for Innovation in Education Laboratory will be on the site of the state-of-the-art K-12 campus. This showcase Center will be used to teach best practices in education, education technology, and sustainability to educators from all over the world. The teaching will be offered in the educators' native languages. Teaching and modeling 21st century skills, sustainability, and health and wellness throughout the curriculum, will be a major focus.
About Tri-Valley Learning Corporation
TVLC charter schools are nonsectarian, tuition-free public schools of choice. Charter schools have no district boundaries; anyone who wishes to attend the charter school may apply. TVLC uses education innovation research to design, create and operate world-class, exemplary charter schools that encourage and enable every student to reach his or her full potential as a scholar, a citizen and a life-long learner. TVLC runs two, tuition-free, public charter schools in Livermore, CA: Livermore Valley Charter School (LVCS) and Livermore Valley Charter Prep High School (LVCP).
- TVLC runs the top performing programs for grades K-8 in Livermore
- TVLC has been financially stable since its inception in 2004. They have an independent audit conducted each year, and have never had a deficit.
- During the California fiscal crisis, TVLC has maintained or improved its programs, and has kept class sizes of 20:1 in grades K-5 and 27:1 in grades 6-12
- In 2010, TVLC successfully launched a new, innovative, charter high school
- Livermore Valley Charter School has a waitlist of over a 600 students
For any further questions or for information, please contact either Bill Batchelor or Julie Lassig at firstname.lastname@example.org OR call: 925.456.9000 X103 or X104.
More about TVLC: Tri-Valley Learning Corporation (TVLC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides quality, public education choices for all families in the Tri-Valley region of the San Francisco Bay area. Since 2005, TVLC has been providing all families seeking high quality education in the Tri-Valley area the sought-after alternative to the low-performing schools in their local district. TVLC's Tax ID is 34-1984585.
TVLC Mission: TVLC will use innovation in education research, to design, create and operate world-class, exemplary charter schools that encourage and enable every student to reach his or her full potential as a scholar, a citizen and a life-long learner.
About Livermore Valley Charter School: The Livermore Valley Charter School is a public school in the city of Livermore, California. Parents and educators worked together to create a school of choice that embraces the best proven and innovative teaching techniques in order to best teach the children of the 21st century. Our charter has been renewed by the SBE through June 30, 2013.
About Livermore Valley Charter Preparatory High School: LVCP opened in 2010 as a free, public charter high school in Livermore, CA. LVCP provides an exemplary, innovative college preparatory education, focused on preparing each student for adulthood in the 21st century. The school provides a strong academically focused, emotionally supportive, healthy and sustainable environment that enables its students to develop to their full potential.
Director of Development
Triv Valley Learning Corporation
Chief Operating Officer
Tri Valley Learning Corporation
A Unique Community Investment Opportunity