Community Service Requirements
LVCP strongly believes the measure of a person' success is in what they give to others in service. Our goal is for LVCP students to develop a strong sense of civic responsibility and establish the foundation for a lifetime of meaningful community involvement.
LVCP students should fulfill community service requirements each year. Through this requirement and the accompanying documentation, we measure their progress towards mastery of leadership skills and citizenship within their community.
I. Service Hours Eligible to Meet Graduation Requirements
- Any service provided must be by the student him/herself
- Service must be performed freely, not paid in cash or in kind, for service hours performed
- Must be completed for an organization in a volunteer capacity or if for an individual, approved in advance in writing by LVCP administration
- Hours completed after a student has completed 8th grade
II. Hours Tracking
Students will turn in written confirmation of the community service hours performed to the Registrar, Ms. Sondra Graef. This written confirmation must be submitted via standard form provided by LVCP. Click here to download the form.
III. Hours Required for Graduation
- Seniors as of the 2014-2015 School Year are required to perform a minimum of 50 hours to be eligible for graduation.
- Juniors as of the 2014-2015 School Year are required to perform a minimum of 75 hours to be eligible for graduation.
- Sophomores as of the 2014-2015 School Year are required to perform a minimum of 100 hours to be eligible for graduation.
- Freshmen as of the 2014-2015 School Year are required to perform a minimum of 100 hours to be eligible for graduation.
Transfer students' community service hours requirements for graduation will be prorated based upon the incoming class and semester in which they enroll at LVCP. Students who enroll in the first semester of the school year are required to complete hours as listed above. Students who enroll in the second semester of the school year are required to complete the hours designated for the next school year.
Graduating Seniors whom have accumulated 200+ hours of community service will receive an "Excellence in Community Service" award and be recognized at the graduation ceremony. The student will also wear a silver cord during the graduation ceremony as further recognition of their accomplishment.
A graduation committee appointed by LVCP Administration reserves the right to issue a waiver for students that do not meet the required community service hours. The committee will consist of those employed by the Tri-Valley Learning Corporation or any on of the K-12 Campuses.
Community Service Quick Links
Students should complete this sheet and have it signed by their supervisor before submitting hours to Ms. Graef.
Check your community service hours status by clicking your graduation year below and finding your ID number in the list: